Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mr. Tibs

So, for the past several months I've been hearing this scratching and rustling sound coming from my attic. Oh great. There's a creature living up there. I've been too afraid to go up there and investigate so I decided to live in peace and harmony with the creature, whom I have affectionately been referring to as "Mr. Tibs".

Well, today Mr. Tibs went too far. He was being especially scratchy and making a bunch of racket, so I decided to arm myself with not one, but 2 flashlights and a long metal stick.

I climbed up into the attic and slithered my way into the furthest, darkest corner where I found two eyes staring back at me.

Mr. Tibs is an adorable little squirrel. He stood there frozen (like a squirrel in flashlights) before he ducked out of sight.

I don't know what to do. I think I've found his point of entry, but I don't want to wall him up inside and have him die a slow, miserable (and probably smelly) death.

I don't want to poison him. But I also don't want the little fucker chewing up my wires and insulation.

Sigh. What to do. For right now, I'm doing nothing. And Mr. Tibs will live to see another sunset.